Let's see those pedalboards!

Discuss all non-Boss pedals here!
fuzzbuzzfuzz

Re: Let's see those pedalboards!

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:22 am

Hello Gents et al.
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg (217.8 KiB) Viewed 8411 times
Whilst there have been numerous incarnations and rebuilds here is the latest(Stripped down essentials) "purple" board, though now its distinctively pink tinged!

Tuner > hi-def fbuffer > Tremolo > Fuzz > Overdrive/Fuzz > Phaser > Delay > Delay (faux-reverb) > Flanger (acting as a buffer)

Some key design thoughts were too keep to one board (after off-boarding the wah), minimal power supplies (one 9v and one 18v), 18v power for pedals that can, keeps the reverb and delays very clean and clear, and pedals at the front spaced to avoid foot fudging.
I usually crack and start adding extra units after a while, in this case I_'ll stick to the format and layout and perhaps sub the overdrive/modulation/fuzz areas if I feel I want a change.
The board itself was a DIY store "pin/tool" type display board, with holes large enough to allow me to put the power wires through and keep things tidy.
It's the first time I have had the BF-2 back on for a long while, impressed with the versatility, enjoying the fast Leslie type setting at the moment, very "Black Hole Sun" particularly with the Colorsound Tremolo also engaged.

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:22 am

Very nice! Image
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:28 am

Thanks Pepe. Quite pleased with it. Still A size that’ll fit on the train if required but plenty of sounds. My intention is to use it with the current new band which is more a Britpop thing :D

Joske Turbo
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Gold

Post by Joske Turbo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:26 am

Very cool board indeed fuzzbuzzfuzz! How do you like the Colorsound Tremolo? I've been looking for a vintage, amplike sounding trem for a while and love the looks of the Colorsound, but not too much info to be found on it online. Would it be good for that sound in your opinion? Any volume drop or other issues? Also, interesting placement so early in the chain, what's the idea behind that? Looking forward to your response :)

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:20 am

Hey, Joske Turbo! I thought you were happy with your Voodoo Lab Tremolo. The Hotone TREM that I sent you in one of our pedal tours wasn't amplike enough for your taste? :)

Joske Turbo

Post by Joske Turbo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:20 am

Pepe wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:20 am
Hey, Joske Turbo! I thought you were happy with your Voodoo Lab Tremolo. The Hotone TREM that I sent you in one of our pedal tours wasn't amplike enough for your taste? :)
Hi Pepe, I sold the Voodoo Lab years back when I got a PN-2, which I still have now on my main board for my shoegaze band. For a new project I'm looking for something more vintage sounding. I traded the Hotone some years ago for a CE-2B, way back when I didn't know I would be looking for an amplike trem in the future :D

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:54 am

So going back to the Hotone TREM could be an option? I think that it pretty much nails the tremolo sound both of the classic Fender and VOX amps.

Joske Turbo

Post by Joske Turbo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:01 pm

Pepe wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:54 am
So going back to the Hotone TREM could be an option? I think that it pretty much nails the tremolo sound both of the classic Fender and VOX amps.
Yes, maybe it is. I'm not the biggest fan of mini pedals though, but maybe I should give it another shot. I'm also contemplating the Surfy Indrustries Surfy Trem as it also has the brownface (harmonic) tremolo. Anyway, I just scored an Ibanez TL5 for quite cheap which is also supposed to be very good, so I'll wait on that one and go from there.

Kulten
SBZ: Copper

Post by Kulten » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:12 pm

Added to my two SYB-3 and the FB-2 a second hand SYB-5 and my DD-7 wich was in the drawer. I still have a BCB-30, using the lid.

SYB-3 is one of my favourite BASS SYNTH, sounds straight from the '70s and early '80s Roland synthesizers
have two SYB-3 for mixing OCTAVER sound and synth sounds, or two sounds, or progam different settings I need to switch quickly between songs on stage
SYB-3 is also great for AUTOWAH and FUZZ
FB-2 for EQ., boost, light compressor/ehancer, helps me to stabilise the SYB-3 Wave Shape sound for the FUZZ
SYB-5 for LFO doubling sounds and electronic voice
the DD-7, wonderful DELAY full of tricks from REVERB to ECHO

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:12 pm

Wow ! I like the look of that Kulten.