SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Re: Let's see those pedalboards!

Post by laurie » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:11 am

fuzzbuzzfuzz wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:29 am
Pepe wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:01 am
The HF-2 is one of the BOSS pedal that always got away from me. I should have bought one years ago when the prices were reasonable.
If you can fix it I'll send you my spare for cheap :) It worked then it didn't, mysterious!
If you like, send it through me - I'll guarantee it will be working when it leaves here :)

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:16 am

Luke Drifter wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:11 am
Latest board for the Neil Young show. Last of a run of shows next week

Playing with a combination of dirty boosts in place of fuzz (nominally GFZ) and distortion (RAT). Just for the hell of it

The Buzz Tone (DPE pedals) is lower gain than Fuzz Faces, and the Sure Shot (another Electra circuit) is much louder and up-front than a RAT. Sounds great at the low setting (as per photo) into the mainstay FX50.

The FX50 was hot rodded for me by Dr Bob in Australia - its a Neil Young in a box drive.

I'll try this combo, into my Pro Junior

bored2.jpg
Very smart and well thought out, bet that sounds (or you sound!) great.

The TREX Trem is indeed a swampy unique sound. I always wanted to pick up another, but they area rabbit hole comparing!

That modded FX-50 is intriguing, I built a 250 recently and always think of that as a NY type sound.

Kulten
SBZ: Copper

Post by Kulten » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:36 pm

bigtone23 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:20 pm
The Synth board. Easily added to either bass board or just freestanding.
YEAH !

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:16 am

Spent Friday night with a beer rebuilding the pedalboard with old and new favourites. There's just certain pedals that I always come back to, those with sounds, colors and mojo!

Added a small "FX loop" that comes after the wah to add in pedals without being ahead of the germanium Yardbox whcih starts off the chain. Room to squeeze one more mini up top though realistically thats where the power adaptor should sit in transpaort.

(of course there are so many that can't be accomodated so I will at somepoint build a few daughter boards either side, most likely with extra delay, univibe and fuzz because who doesnt love those! :lol: )
Attachments
IMG-3406 (1).jpg
IMG-3406 (1).jpg (230.29 KiB) Viewed 2367 times

Pepe
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:19 am

Oh, nice! Did you choose another pedalboard size lately? I remember that you preferred small boards with four pedals.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:05 pm

I change quite often and I happened to spot this particular hard case very cheap, which was of a much better standard that most of the bendy bottom hard cases about, so I'm jumped on it and decided I'd try and stick to just this one "pro" ish case and its dimensions. For live jams and whatnot I'd simply take the usual four or so on the Pedaltrain mini as its very convenient, a BCB-6 if I needed more scope perhaps. But for a pleasure and (if) my doing own music this has "the sound" immersion that I can play for hours. But if I'm honest I need to add more.. :lol:

I thought I'd made a big mistake tonight as I turned on the power (first test) and half way through realised I had not turned the 18v taps down to 9v!! So two pedals were getting rather more voltage than they should, including a BBE Mind Bender that arrived only yesterday :shock: Luckily after dinner I rechecked and no harm done..phew...

My current school of thought is also for ease of use recording wise, and for not being put away forgotten in boxes, I should put my favourites in seperate cases ready to go, all powered up.

laurie

Post by laurie » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:14 pm

Nice selection of pedals there! Very, very compact for the number of effects.

laurie

Post by laurie » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:25 pm

Rearranging my main board that drives my Dr Z:
2023-01 main board.jpg
2023-01 main board.jpg (365.22 KiB) Viewed 2359 times

The start of selecting pedals for a small board for the new Super Reverb. The Dan-Echo isn't the most "sophisticated" delay pedal, but it seems to work OK for now. If I find a Boss delay for cheap I'll probably grab that and swap out the Dan-Echo. I have an Arion SCH-Z in deep storage that I'll eventually dig out. I think it will be better for this board than the SMD CE-5.

I will dig a 32-OD out of deep storage for the overdrive.
2023-01 Pedals for Super Reverb.jpg
2023-01 Pedals for Super Reverb.jpg (119.45 KiB) Viewed 2359 times

Kulten
SBZ: Copper

Post by Kulten » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:54 am

I had up to 5 or 6 pedals at my feet but now I want a simple BCB-3 set up.

And I think I found a « one fits all » setting for my SYB-3 :mrgreen: :

- as it is on Mode 3 it’s a cool laser-space-sound for sound effect or wave
- if I turn down only the Freq. knob on Mode 4 it’s an Octaver
- if I turn down only the Res. knob on Mode 8 it’s a Fuzz.

My DD Delay is used as a fat reverb (and obviously a Delay when I increase the Delay Level) ; my SYB-5 is a LFO drone bass synth overdub.

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:23 am

laurie wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:25 pm
Rearranging my main board that drives my Dr Z:
2023-01 main board.jpg

The start of selecting pedals for a small board for the new Super Reverb. The Dan-Echo isn't the most "sophisticated" delay pedal, but it seems to work OK for now. If I find a Boss delay for cheap I'll probably grab that and swap out the Dan-Echo. I have an Arion SCH-Z in deep storage that I'll eventually dig out. I think it will be better for this board than the SMD CE-5.

I will dig a 32-OD out of deep storage for the overdrive.
2023-01 Pedals for Super Reverb.jpg
ah yes, the Danny purple is a favorite of mine too, the color in particular! I had it on my last "Purple" board (iirc) and in some of my newer boards as a second longer "tape" emulating delay. It can sound a bit digital but overall I like it alot and given the space I'd pop it back on.