Let's see those pedalboards!

Discuss all non-Boss pedals here!
Luke Drifter

Re: Let's see those pedalboards!

Post by Luke Drifter » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:52 pm

the others will come and go (some were bought for collector value - so they will of course go) but the Dingotone was amongst my first few fuzzes (they've all moved on) and it will be the last fuzz I ever own, if/when it comes to that
Jerem, Jeremy on BAF and SBZ

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:15 am

Well... Splitted by big board into 2.

Bass board is smaller, with the MS-3 with EQ and BB-1X. Those 2 effects I like to control live and adjust so having them burried into a series of menus grinded my gears. The MS-3 really makes it convenient. It is also battery powered. so very portable. Built on a Pedaltrain Metro 16.

Guitar board is now lighter, PT-2. Will likely add some chorus or dimension in there in the future.

That allowed me to make this setup for bass, guitar and drums. Proud of this renovation.
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:30 am

Really nice! I wish I had a music room like this.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

Dirk
SBZ: Double Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Dirk » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:27 pm

Hi Gasgano, really cool boards.
The PS-6 can do a really cool chorus if the need should arise.
On the other hand, you have enough real estate on your board for a dedicated pedal. :mrgreen:

Luke Drifter

Post by Luke Drifter » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:15 am

neat set-up. well done
Jerem, Jeremy on BAF and SBZ

laurie
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:51 pm

I've been recovering for some minor medical stuff (nothing terrible, but getting old sucks!) so to pass some of the time I've been playing around with a stereo rig.

I bought a second Dr. Z Maz 18 and built a "first hack" at a small stereo board. My old big board (16 pedals?) was doing a bit of tone-suck. This new smaller board is mostly true bypass and mostly very nice!

Power is from a home built, star-connected, 7809 linear voltage regulator based power supply fed by a 12VDC nameplate wall wart. The power supply is in a Hammond box screwed to the back of the pedalboard. The wall wart actually gives out about 15VDC, so the power supply regulates nicely down to 8.97V. One day I will jack the output voltage up to 9.6V, but I've left it for now.

The tone is delicious. I simply cannot give enough praise to the Maz 18.

I will eventually swap the CE-5 out for a true stereo chorus. I have my eye on a Strymon Ola to compliment their very nice reverb. If anyone has an Ola that would like to move along, please let me know!

I am going to put together a subsidiary fuzz board - I have 5 variations of fuzz that I could find quickly - 32TB2, DingoTone GHF, my old original fuzz prototype, DingoTone CSF, and a Boss FZ-3.
2023 October board.jpg
2023 October board.jpg (338.41 KiB) Viewed 18995 times

laurie

Post by laurie » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:39 am

Sub board completed.

Two different types of fuzz with HZD after for EQ, plus ML-2 for super heavy.

I have a Strymon Ola full stereo chorus from Mrs Laurie under the Christmas tree to replace the CE-5 on the main board :D
Sub-board.jpg
Sub-board.jpg (359.75 KiB) Viewed 18917 times

laurie

Post by laurie » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:17 am

laurie wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:51 pm
Power is from a home built, star-connected, 7809 linear voltage regulator based power supply fed by a 12VDC nameplate wall wart. The power supply is in a Hammond box screwed to the back of the pedalboard. The wall wart actually gives out about 15VDC, so the power supply regulates nicely down to 8.97V. One day I will jack the output voltage up to 9.6V, but I've left it for now.
I had to disassemble the power supply to add an extra output lead to power the sub board.

While I had it open I did the 9.6V mod. It works flawlessly.

This is what you do...
Regulators.jpg
Regulators.jpg (70.8 KiB) Viewed 18574 times

laurie

Post by laurie » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:23 pm

PSU mod2.jpg
PSU mod2.jpg (347.86 KiB) Viewed 18556 times
PSU mod1.jpg
PSU mod1.jpg (254.35 KiB) Viewed 18556 times

laurie

Post by laurie » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:53 am

A few weeks ago Mrs. Laurie was kind enough to buy me an early Christmas present - a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (series I, 1996) in desperate need of repair. See here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=851

After a few tens of hours and about $100 in parts (capacitors, jacks, resistors, tubes, materials to make a new back), it is working perfectly.

So of course I couldn't use any existing pedals or pedal board... I *had* to have a pedalboard specifically for this amp :D
  • No-name board with built in power supply (cheap, Black Friday sale). Added 20mm Aluminium angle on the sides and back to extend the footprint.
  • DingoTone GHF for fuzz
  • A rehoused DingoTone BSD and FDD that I had laying around - into a dual pedal
  • A no-name phaser with 3PDT true bypass (cheap, Black Friday sale). Essentially a Phase 90. Sounds surprisingly very good.
  • Analogue CE-5
  • RV-5
  • DD-2 that I've had forever - fixed some major issues about 10 years ago (this is the pedal that started the "how to fix a long-chip DD-2/3" thread)
Suits the amp perfectly.
20231205_board.jpg
20231205_board.jpg (329.44 KiB) Viewed 15136 times