Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: Let's see those pedalboards!

Post by Pepe » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:44 am

tunghaichuan wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:16 pm
Thanks for the kind words, Pepe.

I'm doing better than I was. I've been going through a rough patch for a few years. Work troubles, my camera died (I'll spare everyone the sordid details). I think there might be a song in there somewhere :D

Despite all the Covid19 stuff, I was very lucky and kept my job. In fact, I was told to stay home but still paid my normal hours. I feel very fortunate in that regard. I like my co-workers, they are a great group of people and very supportive.

I never stopped reading the board though, like most of the members here I love all things Boss. I haven't purchased any Boss pedals in a while, the last one was an HM-3 about two to three years ago.

I'm glad to be be back and hope to contribute more.

Regards,
That's very good to hear that your job situation hasn't suffered in these hard times.

The HM-3 is one of my favourites. Instant 2000s Jeff Beck/late-Toto-Lukather lead sounds on the fly. At least in combination with my Marshall tube amp it cuts through the mix in a very nice way. A demo will soon be in the making.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

tunghaichuan
SBZ: Silver

Post by tunghaichuan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:59 pm

Here is a blast from the past:

This was my pedal board circa 1991. The Boss pedals are MIJ, DD-3, DC-2, CS-3, PSM-5. I'm pretty sure the TS-808 and Super Tube STL are too. All those pedals are long gone :( There are also two Rocktron Hush pedals to the right of the pedal board. The pedal board itself I got very cheap because it was broken and didn not come with a lid. Still, held the pedals just fine, even the two Ibanez ones.

The amp is a silverface Deluxe Reverb which sounded horrible, thin, overly bright, very tinny. I hadn't started working on tube amps yet but I'm sure if I had that amp now, I'd be able to sort it.

The guitar was a parts caster with a Chandler body and a Warmoth neck. The pickups were Seymour Duncan, I believe.

That set up was great for a college kid.
Attachments
90s pedal board.jpg
90s pedal board.jpg (75.73 KiB) Viewed 6873 times

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:03 pm

If I see that correctly that's even a DD-2 and not a DD-3 that you had back then (the graphics are a bit different). And a DC-2 is indeed something to miss dearly. Although I don't use mine too often I would never sell it. But maybe a DC-2W might cross your way some day? Those are said to be very cool as well.

tunghaichuan
SBZ: Silver

Post by tunghaichuan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:05 pm

Pepe wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:03 pm
If I see that correctly that's even a DD-2 and not a DD-3 that you had back then (the graphics are a bit different). And a DC-2 is indeed something to miss dearly. Although I don't use mine too often I would never sell it. But maybe a DC-2W might cross your way some day? Those are said to be very cool as well.
My memory isn't what it used to be, but I thought it was a DD-3. It could have been a DD-2, it was almost 30 years ago. That digital delay sounded great, I really regret selling it, much better than my current MIT DD-3. The TS-808 really hurts too, I bought it for $37 back in 1986 and sold it a while after that photo was taken for $100. I thought I was getting a good deal. :cry: But you're right the DC-2 really hurts. That is the one pedal I wish I had back. I bought it around the same time as the TS-808 for $40. There was another just like it. If I had known then what I know now, I would have purchased both and held on to them. My personal experience with the DC-2 is that it only sounds OK as a mono chorus, for that pedal to really shine it needs to operate in true stereo.

The DC-2W and the MT-2W are the two pedals I want most right now. Maybe someday.

Kulten
SBZ: Copper

Post by Kulten » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:11 am

-> tunghaichuan : nice way to use BCB-30, I like the "each one dedecated to a sound" style.

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:47 pm

It changes from time to time, but this is my current toy:

The upper part is a strait forward stereo output line, the lower line has 2 good tricks I will discuss it in another post.

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:22 am

Old_Iron wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:47 pm
It changes from time to time, but this is my current toy:

The upper part is a strait forward stereo output line, the lower line has 2 good tricks I will discuss it in another post.

I like the look of this - nice work ! Is this a Behringer pedal case?

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:37 am

Thank you Doc, and yes it is a Behringer PB1000, note that I painted that rail cover in flat black so the Boss pedals won't feel ashamed. :lol:

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:51 pm

Old_Iron wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:37 am
... note that I painted that rail cover in flat black so the Boss pedals won't feel ashamed. :lol:
You, Sir, are a good man! :ugeek:

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:45 pm

Old_Iron wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:37 am
Thank you Doc, and yes it is a Behringer PB1000, note that I painted that rail cover in flat black so the Boss pedals won't feel ashamed. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: that’s brilliant ! I’m thinking of getting one of these boards.