Show Us You Guitar, Bass Collection!

Everything guitar, bass, acoustic, banjo, etc
Kulten
SBZ: Copper

Re: Show Us You Guitar, Bass Collection!

Post by Kulten » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:44 pm

-> The_Doc : I think my fav' Telecaster is the olympic white Classic '60s, made in Mexico, had one during 4 or 6 months something like that.

-> Admin : the Ibanez reminds me my first band in the early '90s, the lead guitarist had a blue Ibanez with a big distortion sound for taping.

Rich_S
SBZ: Bronze

Post by Rich_S » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:19 pm

Here's my modest collection. I'm really a "Tele" guy, but I have a soft spot for Hamers. All three are modded imports, maximum bang for minimum bucks.

Blue Tele: My #1. MIM Standard with Duncan STL-1 and SM-3, Wilkinson 3-saddle compensated bridge.
Gold Tele: Schecter PT body with Fender MIM neck, Duncan '59 pickups (soon to have a Custom/'59 Hybrid at the bridge).
Hamer: MIK "Slammer Series" Sunburst model, with custom Josh Gravelin pickups for the old '70s 4-digit Hamer look and sound. I told him, "double cream/zebra and make it sound like Budokan" and he did the rest.

Admin
Site Admin
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Silver

Post by Admin » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:05 am

Natthu - I remember some of your guitars on SBZ, although the pics are gone now, please post them of again. They were some of my all time favorites.

Laurie - Great looking guitar, amazing shot! That pic would make anybody jealous.

Kulten - A fretless bass (or possibly a fender VI) will be my next purchase.

The_Doc - Great selection. I'm surprised to see another SH pickup combo on the forum! That semi hollow is high on my wish list.

Rich_S - Another SH pickup fan on the forum? This is crazy! Is it 'Agave Blue' or Ice Blue Metallic'? BTW Hamers are underrated.
Kulten - the Ibanez reminds me my first band in the early '90s, the lead guitarist had a blue Ibanez with a big distortion sound for taping.
Ibanez are a bit of a secret weapon in the studio. Many bands use them for rhythm guitar tracks because of the dynamic range and even tone response.

Here is the first of many bass pics that I'll be posting. Let get more bass collections going!
Ernie Ball MM Sterling - I've wanted one since 1999, finally bough one and it turned out to be a late 1998 model, I was so happy. Great bass, if you've ever played one you'd know how cool these basses really are.

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:04 pm

Here it is.

Guitar is a Jim Root Signature Fender Stratocaster.

Ebony fretboard, black hardware, composite radius, EMG picukps and a fixed fretboard make it a very stable and heavy sounding axe. I hesitated on buying it but after YEARS of saying "if they could make a Strat with EMGs" and finally having one available, my brother convinced me I would regret not buying it. He was right.

Bass is a MusicMan Sterling 5 in Stealth Black.

Basically the bass version of the guitar :lol:. I was looking for a better quality bass as and had previously owned a Stingray 5 (transluscent orange, beautiful bass), liked the neck but felt it was too heavy for my small stature. Sounded great though. At the time I had that one, they did not make the Sterling in 5 strings. So I sold the Stingray to finance the guitar. I do miss it sometimes. However, when I took that Sterling in my hands, I knew it was right. smaller, lighter, but with the same presence and the same neck I loved but in the wood I have grown to love (ebony).

It is an absolute beast.
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:20 pm

Love the MusicMan basses. My SLO Stingray4 is killer.
SLO.jpg
SLO.jpg (36.48 KiB) Viewed 14883 times

Rich_S
SBZ: Bronze

Post by Rich_S » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:56 pm

Admin wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:05 am
Rich_S - Another SH pickup fan on the forum? This is crazy! Is it 'Agave Blue' or Ice Blue Metallic'? BTW Hamers are underrated.
The MIM is Agave Blue. I love the SH pickup combination. If you told me I was only allowed to have one electric, I'd stick a '59N in the neck position of the blue MIM and that would be that. (One thing I love about MIMs is their HB neck route, so you can swap in any kind of neck pickup you want with only a pick guard change.) Since I already have a '59N in the goldtop, I went with the Firebird mini-hum in the blue Tele for a different sound.

The Hamer is an unbelievably great guitar for the money I paid. Import Hamers are all over the map quality-wise, but I learned what to look for from the guys at the Hamer Fan Club forum. Josh Gravelin went above & beyond making me the pickups for it, and I replaced pots, switch, and tuners to bring it as close to USA Hamer specs as possible. I recently played it at my 40th high school reunion on '70s classics such as All Right Now, Sweet Emotion, and Rocky Mountain Way and it killed. Makes a Tele guy like me want to play Gibby-style geetars more often.

Dirk
SBZ: Double Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Dirk » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:13 pm

My guitar, a 70's Ibanez Les Paul copy with Duncan alnico 2 pickups. I traded it against an 8 string bass I never used. Great guitar, basses to come.
Attachments
gitaarklein.jpg
gitaarklein.jpg (89.15 KiB) Viewed 14867 times

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

Post by BearBoy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:45 pm

What do the switches between the volume/tone knobs do Dirk? Some sort of coil splitting?

Dirk
SBZ: Double Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Dirk » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:56 pm

Yes. Coil tapping. It's nice for Tele type sounds.
Then the basses, the black P-bass I've had since 2003, a Duff Mckagan signature and my latest pride and joy; a 1994 Yamaha attitude special for which I made a new pickguard. Every bass is also outfitted with a Hipshot detuner. The black P and the Attitude have Dimarzio pickups and the Duff has Duncans.
Attachments
attitudeklein.jpg
attitudeklein.jpg (143.9 KiB) Viewed 14856 times
fenderklein.jpg
fenderklein.jpg (123.07 KiB) Viewed 14856 times
duffklein.jpg
duffklein.jpg (95.25 KiB) Viewed 14856 times

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:46 am

PRS MC-58 Mc Carty.

A couple of years back I met Paul at a meet and greet event and was chatting to him about various things, one of which was my quest to find a blue / green PRS. He thought there was a really good one at the warehouse, called them and asked for a photo of it to be sent to my phone. We did the deal there and then and it was mine. Paul also had one of his techs set it up perfectly for me. Arrived a few days later. Top guy!

E766FCA0-694E-4365-A322-5CBE6FE59025.jpeg
E766FCA0-694E-4365-A322-5CBE6FE59025.jpeg (47.09 KiB) Viewed 14841 times
Last edited by The_Doc on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.